Keep It Tight!
During this time of quarantining, it’s imperative that we keep our minds and bodies on point. It’s easy to to just chill; eat snacks, and watch tv all day lol but that’s super counterproductive and we gotta keep it tight 24/7, 365! There’s nothing wrong with chilling, trust, we’ve been BIG chilling, but we also know that we have to keep a healthy mind and body in this process to balance us out.
Below, you will see some suggestions from our team on some practices to keep your mind and body in tact while we channel through this quarantine:
Meditate For 15-30 Mins
- Find a guided meditation on YouTube or download Mindful app to help
- You can also just find some time to get in a quiet space to sit in silence, and let your mind just go. Sitting in silence is so good because one, we never get to do it and two, you can possibly hear what God has been trying to tell you for a min . The benefits are amazing. #Solitude
- Praying is another form of meditation. Use the time to pray to talk to God. Affirming who you are and what you’ve received or gained.
- Talk to the source and thank God for the things you have.
Listen To Binaural Beats
- Binaural beats in the alpha frequencies (8 to 13 Hz) are thought to encourage relaxation, promote positivity, and decrease anxiety
- Binaural beats in the lower beta frequencies (14 to 30 Hz) have been linked to increased concentration and alertness, problem solving, and improved memory.
- Breathing exercises can decrease anxiety
- Begin with just 5 minutes a day, and increase your time as the exercise becomes easier and more comfortable.
- If 5 minutes feels too long, start with just 2 minutes.
- Types of exercises
- Pursed lip breathing
- Alternate nostril breathing
- Humming bee breath
Listen To Your Favorite Music
- It increases happiness
- Decreases stress
Clear your mind and write your thoughts down.
- Allow yourself to self reflect on gratitude, things you are happy you achieved so far this year, things you can work on etc.
Stretch for 15 mins
A few benefits are:
- It increases the blood flow to your muscles. We need to get that blood circulating in our bodies so we can fight off these potential diseases and sicknesses
- It’s great for stress release.
- It improves your range of motion and posture.
Go outside for a walk or run
- Just take 30 mins out of your day to take a walk or a light jog outside to get some fresh air.
- It’ll improve your mood for the day
- You’ll burn some of the quarantine snacks off and stay in shape
Calisthenics are exercises like push ups, sit-ups, burpees or anything that uses the resistance of your own body to build strength, increase flexibility and burn fat. No equipment or weights are used in calisthenics, and the exercises can be performed anywhere there is a floor and enough space to move in. The benefits of calisthenics effects are wide-reaching.
- Increases muscle tone
- Increase endurance
- Helps with weight loss
Yoga means union in Sanskrit. Practicing yoga will help your get in unison with your body truest nature and with God. Plus it has a lot of physical benefits as well.
- It’ll increase your flexibility
- Improves respiration, energy, and vitality
- Increased muscle strength and tone
These are just a few things to help you stay in mental and physical shape during this quarantine. Just start one day at a time and make it a practice. And share with you family and friends too.
We love you!